Serves 12 Pieces
|6||balls of Bocconcini cheese, drained|
|12||thin slices of crusty Italian bread|
|½ cup||Pastene Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Fancy Tomato Paste|
|8||fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|salt and pepper|
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling|
- Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C).
- Cut Bocconcini into 12 slices. Drain well on folded paper towels (otherwise, Bruschetta will be soggy).
- Arrange bread rounds on a baking sheet. Brush each lightly with olive oil.
- Place a slice of cheese on each bread slice. Top with Bruschetta. Sprinkle with basil and oregano and drizzle with a few drops of olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.