|12 oz||Pastene Gluten Free Penne Rigate|
|kosher or fine sea salt|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||large white onion, diced|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 lb||loose Italian sausage|
|1 lb||sliced mushrooms|
|1||24 oz jar Pastene Pastene Tomato Garlic Sauce|
|2 tsp||dried italian seasoning|
|½ tsp||red pepper flakes|
|3||fresh tomatoes, cut in half, then sliced|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|1 ½ cups||grated mozzarella cheese|
|½ cup||fresh parsley, chopped|
Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 9 by 12 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the sausage and mushrooms and cook until the sausage is fully cooked and the mushrooms have released their liquid, the liquid has evaporated, and the mushrooms have browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the penne to the sauce along with the tomatoes and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared dish. Sprinkle the mozzarella and remaining parmesan on top and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and beginning to brown around the edges. Sprinkle the parsley over the top and serve.
By: Simply Gluten Free Magazine