|2 (10-oz) jars||Pastene Piquillo Peppers, drained|
|2 large||yellow onions, peeled and cut into large slices|
|3-4 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more to taste|
|2 lbs||sweet or hot Italian sausages or other fresh sausages|
|1 (10-oz) jar||Pastene Baby Artichokes, drained|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|Pastene Ketchup Sauce (optional)|
- Turn on gas grill burners to high, close cover and heat for 15 minutes, then turn burners to medium.
- While grill is preheating, in a medium saucepan combine 2 tablespoons of Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 2 tablespoons of Pastene Minced Garlic at medium-high heat until garlic is fragrant and lightly browned. Pour drained Pastene Piquillo Peppers into the pan, stirring occasionally for about 9 minutes or until browned. Reduce heat to low.
- Place onions directly on the grill, turning occasionally until they are softened and dark at the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Chef’s note: Lightly prick sausages all over so that they do not burst.
- Place the sausages on the the grill, turning occasionally until they are cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place baby artichokes directly on the grill, place face side down and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper, turn after about 4 minutes, until you can see grill marks on both sides.
- Transfer the artichokes, onions, and peppers to a platter and top with sausages.