|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|2||10 oz jars Pastene Piquillo Peppers, drained|
|2||large yellow onions, peeled and cut into thick wedges|
|2 lbs||sweet or hot Italian sausages|
|1||10 oz jar Pastene Baby Artichokes, drained|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Turn the gas grill burners on high, close cover, and heat for 15 minutes.
- While the grill is preheating, in a medium skillet, combine 2 tablespoons of Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 2 teaspoons of Pastene Minced Garlic at medium-high heat until garlic is fragrant and lightly browned. Add drained Pastene Piquillo Peppers to the pan, stirring occasionally for about 2-4 minutes or until browned.
- Lower the heat to medium and place the onion chunks directly on the grill, turning occasionally until they are softened and dark at the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. If your grill has a wide grate, skewer the onions to keep them from falling through. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Place the sausages on the grill, turning occasionally until they are cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place baby artichokes directly on the grill, place face side down and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper, turn after about 4 minutes, until you can see grill marks on both sides. Again, if your grill has a wide grate, place the artichokes on a vegetable grill pan.
- Place the artichokes, onions, and peppers on a platter with the sausages and serve.