|1 lb. of||Ground Turkey or Beef|
|1 cup||yellow onions, chopped|
|2 medium||zucchini, chopped|
|1 (28 oz) can||of Pastene Whole Tomatoes|
|1 (10 oz) can||of Pastene Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies undrained|
|2 (or to taste)||chopped - Pastene Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce|
|2 cups||of V8 or water|
|1 can||Pastene Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 can||of Pastene Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed|
|Greens of your choice (spinach, escarole, dandelion greens – whatever you have in your fridge)|
|3 Tbsp||of Chili Powder|
|1 Tbsp||of cumin|
|1/8 cup||of unsweetened cocoa|
|Sea salt and ground pepper|
- Brown turkey or beef with onions, chopped zucchini, and 1 tablespoon of chili powder in a large saucepan. Drain meat if needed.
- Add 28oz can of Pastene whole peeled tomatoes and 10 oz. can of Pastene Diced tomatoes with Green Chilies (undrained) and the two chopped chipotle peppers with the adobo sauce clinging to them and water or V8, 2 tablespoons of chili powder, cumin, and 1/8 cup of unsweetened cocoa. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer.
- Add drained and rinsed Pastene black beans and Pastene red kidney beans, sea salt, and pepper to taste and simmer for 15 minutes stirring frequently to prevent burning on the bottom.
- Shortly before serving add whatever chopped greens you have to the chili and taste for salt.
- Serve hot with Polenta cornbread, shredded mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkling of Pastene Romano Cheese.