|1 lb||Ground Turkey or Beef|
|1 cup||yellow onions, chopped|
|2 medium||zucchini, chopped|
|1 (28 ounce) can||Pastene Whole Tomatoes|
|1 (10 ounce) can||Pastene Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, undrained|
|2 (or to taste)||Pastene Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, chopped|
|2 cups||V8 or water|
|1 (14 ounce) can||Pastene Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 (14 ounce) can||Pastene Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed|
|8 oz||Greens of your choice (spinach, escarole, dandelion greens – whatever you have in your fridge)|
|3 Tbsp||Chili Powder|
|1/8 cup||unsweetened cocoa|
|Pastene Romano Cheese (for topping)|
|Sea salt and ground pepper|
- Brown turkey or beef with onions, chopped zucchini, and 1 tablespoon of chili powder in a large saucepan. Drain meat if needed.
- Add whole peeled tomatoes and diced tomatoes with green chilies and the two chopped chipotle peppers with the adobo sauce clinging to them and water or V8, 2 tablespoons of chili powder, cumin, and 1/8 cup of unsweetened cocoa. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer.
- Add drained and rinsed black beans and red kidney beans, sea salt, and pepper to taste and simmer for 15 minutes stirring frequently to prevent burning on the bottom.
- Shortly before serving add whatever chopped greens you have to the chili and taste for salt.
- Serve hot with Polenta cornbread, shredded mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkling of Pastene Romano Cheese.