|8||veal shanks, 1 inch thick|
|1 cup||all-purpose flour|
|3 tbsp||Pastene Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||carrot, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1/2 tsp||dried basil|
|1/4 tsp||dried thyme|
|2 1/2 tbsp||chopped fresh parsley|
|1 cup||dry white wine|
|1 can||Pastene Diced Ready Spiced Tomatoes|
|1 2/3 cups||Pastene "Kitchen Ready" Ground Tomatoes|
|1 cup||veal or chicken stock, heated|
|salt and pepper|
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Season veal shanks with salt and pepper and coat lightly with flour.
- In a large casserole, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add half the veal and brown 5 minutes on each side. Remove and repeat for the remaining veal. Remove from the casserole and set aside.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, basil, thyme, bay leaves, and parsley to the casserole. Cook 2 minutes at medium-high heat. Pour in wine and continue cooking for 4 minutes.
- Return veal shanks to the casserole and add remaining ingredients. Cook in the oven at least 1 ½ hours, covered, or until the veal is very tender.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Basil Gremolata.
- In a large bowl, combine the grate zest of 1 orange and 1 lemon with ¼ cup chopped fresh basil. Sprinkle over cooked Osso Buco.