|16 oz||Pastene Italian Penne Rigate|
|5 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pastene Pure Olive Oil|
|5 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|4-6||Pastene Anchovy Fillets, finely chopped|
|½ (3.5 oz) jar||Pastene Capers, drained|
|¼ (6.5 oz) jar||Pastene Pitted Kalamata Olives, drained|
|½ (28 oz) can||Pastene San Marzano Style Tomatoes or Pastene San Marzano D.O.P Tomatoes|
|1 (5 oz) can||Pastene Tonno (tuna), optional|
|1/3 cup||fresh parsley, chopped|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese or Pastene Grated Romano Cheese (for topping)|
|salt and pepper|
- In a medium saucepan, combine oil, garlic and anchovies. Cook over medium heat until garlic is fragrant and lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, capers, olives and stir to combine; bring to a simmer. Stir in tonno(tuna, optional) after flaking it gentle with a fork. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot cook penne in heavily salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and add to saucepan.
- Add pasta water one tablespoon at a time to sauce and set over medium-high heat to bring pasta and sauce to a vigorous simmer. Add more pasta water as necessary to keep sauce loose.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining olive oil, parsley, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper
- Serve immediately with more grated cheese at the table.