|4||slices of prosciutto ham, cut in 4 pieces|
|2 tbsp||Pastene Pure Olive Oil|
|3||dry shallots, chopped|
|1 tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|3 cups||chicken stock|
|1 cup||Pastene Italian Arborio Rice|
|1/4 cup||dry white wine|
|1/4 cup||Pastene Pesto Basil Sauce|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|fresh basil leaves|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Arrange prosciutto on a baking sheet and bake in oven about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook shallots and garlic until soft. Meanwhile, in a second saucepan, heat the broth to simmering.
- When shallots and garlic are soft, stir in the rice to coat thoroughly with oil. Stir in the wine until it is absorbed.
- Start ladling in the heated stock, 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) at a time, stirring until it is almost completely absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Add pesto sauce.
- After about 13 minutes, start tasting the rice. It is properly cooked when the rice grains are no longer crunchy when bitten. Add a bit more hot liquid if necessary, remove rice from heat and serve as soon as it is tender.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan, prosciutto crisps, and fresh basil.