|2 cups||Pastene Italian Arborio Rice|
|1 (4oz) jar||Pastene Pesto Basil Sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Pure Olive Oil|
|3||dry shallots, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|3 cups||chicken stock|
|1/4 cup||dry white wine|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese for topping|
|fresh basil leaves|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Arrange prosciutto on a baking sheet and bake in oven about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook shallots and garlic until soft. Meanwhile, in a second saucepan, heat the broth to simmering.
- When shallots and garlic are soft, stir in the rice to coat thoroughly with oil. Stir in the wine until it is absorbed.
- Start ladling in the heated stock, 1⁄2 cup at a time, stirring until it is almost completely absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Add pesto sauce.
- After about 13 minutes, start tasting the rice. It is properly cooked when the rice grains are no longer crunchy when bitten. Add a bit more hot liquid if necessary, remove rice from heat and serve as soon as it is tender.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan and fresh basil.