|1||red onion, finely chopped|
|1/2 cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 tsp||chopped fresh rosemary|
|2 tbsp||chopped fresh basil|
|1 tbsp||Pastene Balsamic Vinegar|
|1/4 tsp||raw medium shrimp, shell and deveined|
|1||leek, white part only, in julienne strips|
|8||small pattypan squash|
|Pastene Grated Parmsesan Cheese|
|salt and pepper|
- Combine onion, ½ cup olive oil, rosemary, basil, vinegar, and pepper. Pour mixture over scampi. Toss to coat and let marinate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook julienned leek in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Cook pattypan squash in boiling salted water for 8 minutes. Drain, quarter, and set aside.
- Heat scampi marinade in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add scampi and cook for about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Season leek and squash with salt and pepper. Serve with scampi and some of the hot marinade sauce, garnished with grated Parmesan shavings.