|16 oz||Pastene Italian Capellini or Pastene Italian Spaghetti|
|1 (10 oz) can||Pastene Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with juice|
|¼ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pastene Garlic Oil|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|½ cup||fresh basil leaves, tightly packed|
|2 tsp||Pastene Hot Crushed Peppers|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese (for topping)|
|salt and pepper|
- Cook pasta in a large pot of heavily salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat olive oil, garlic, basil and hot crushed peppers over low heat 10 minutes to infuse flavor into the oil. Strain oil; keep oil warm.
- Set the garlic, basil and peppers aside.
- Return pasta to pot and place over medium heat. Add tomatoes, garlic and basil; toss until thoroughly heated. Season with salt and pepper. About two minutes before serving, add spinach. Mix well to coat. Spinach should be barely wilted.
- Drizzle each serving with the warm oil and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.