|5 cups||reduced sodium-chicken broth|
|2 Tbsp||unsalted butter|
|2 oz||pancetta, chopped|
|6 oz||spicy Italian sausage (3 links) casing removed|
|¾ cup||onion, chopped|
|1 cup||red or green peppers, diced|
|1 ½ cups||Pastene Arborio Rice|
|¾ cups||dry white wine|
|½ cup||frozen peas|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|1 Tbsp||fresh chopped parsley|
|salt & pepper to taste|
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling|
- In a medium saucepan, bring 5 cups of broth to a boil. Once it’s boiling, reduce heat to a low simmer.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add pancetta and sausage (crumble sausage), then sauté until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same saucepan add the onions & peppers, sauté until tender.
- Add the Arborio Rice to the onions & peppers, mix for a few minutes until the rice is lightly toasted.
- Next, add the wine to deglaze the pan, then simmer until the wine has mostly evaporated. Stir in peas.
- Add ½ cup of warm broth and stir until the liquid has absorbed. Keep adding ½ cup of broth at a time, stirring constantly. Allow each addition of broth to absorb before adding the next one.
- Stir rice until it is tender & creamy, approximately 20-30 minutes. Then stir in the pancetta, sausage, and cheese, mix well.
- Remove from heat, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Transfer risotto to a serving dish then drizzle olive oil over the top and add chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.