|5 cups||reduced sodium-chicken broth|
|2 Tbsp||unsalted butter|
|2 oz||pancetta, chopped|
|6 oz||spicy Italian sausage (3 links) casing removed|
|¾ cup||chopped onion|
|1 cup||diced red or green peppers|
|1 ½ cups||Pastene Arborio Risotto Rice|
|¾ cups||dry white wine|
|½ cup||cooked peas|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|½ tsp||ground pepper|
|1 Tbsp||fresh chopped parsley|
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling|
- In a medium saucepan, bring 5 cups of broth to a boil. Once at a boil, put broth on low heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add pancetta and sausage (crumbling sausage) and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped onion, pepper, and stir coat in the rice.
- Next, add the wine to deglaze the pan to pick up all the juicy bits and simmer until the wine has almost all evaporated.
- Add ½ cup of hot broth and stir until liquid absorbed. Keep adding ½ cups of both at a time, stirring constantly, and allow each addition of broth to absorb before adding the next one.
- Mix rice until creamy, about 20 minutes in total. Add peas and mix.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer risotto to a serving dish and drizzle olive oil over top and add chopped parsley. Serve immediately.