|16 oz||Pastene Linguine|
|12||little neck clams|
|1 (10.5 ounce) can||Pastene White Clam Sauce|
|¼ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||white onion, chopped|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|splash of||dry white wine|
|1 tsp||fennel seeds|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Cook linguine in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Heat fresh clams in the shell in a covered skillet until all clams have been opened. When clams are opened, turn the heat down and pour white clam sauce into skillet.
- Drain and keep hot. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook garlic until soft, but not browned.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet and cook garlic and onion for four minutes. Add, wine, and the juice from the can of clams. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for thirty minutes. Add clams (not juice) and chives. Simmer for 5 minutes, then serve over hot cooked pasta and serve immediately.
- Add fennel seeds, wine, and the clam juice from the clams. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil for two minutes, then reduce heat, add cream and let simmer uncovered for ten minutes.
- Add parsley and clams and cook until clams are heated. Serve with hot linguine.