|16oz||Pastene Organic Spaghettini|
|½ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2||Pastene Anchovy Fillets|
|1 Tbsp||butter, softened|
|1 cup||parsley, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Capers in brine, drained and chopped finely|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||lemon, zested and juiced|
|½ tsp||red pepper flakes, or more to taste|
|⅛ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|¼ cup||Pastene Pignoli (pine nuts)|
|salt & cracked black pepper to taste|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghettini until al dente. Drain and return to pot on low heat and add in softened butter. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Verdi Instructions:
- Combine chopped capers, garlic, and parsley into a large bowl.
- Zest the lemon, then juice. Add both the juice and zest to the parsley, capers and garlic.
- If desired, add two anchovies to capers, garlic, and parsley, and pulse in a food processor for thirty seconds. Remove from processor and return to bowl.
- Add the red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper, and the olive oil to the bowl and mix until incorporated. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, pepper, and/or red pepper flakes as desired. For a thinner consistency, add more olive oil.
- Pour the Verdi into the pot of pasta and mix until evenly coated. For serving, drizzle some parmesan cheese on top with a few pine nuts for the perfect finish.