|For the vinaigrette:|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|½ tsp||Dijon mustard|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Prosecco Wine Vinegar|
|½ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|½ tsp||kosher salt|
|¼ tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|For the salad:|
|4||large roma tomatoes, quartered|
|1 (10 oz) can||Pastene Tri-Color Tomato Wedges, chopped finely|
|1 small||cucumber, thinly sliced|
|⅓ cup||basil, roughly chopped|
|4-6 oz||small mozzarella balls or tear a larger ball into bite-sized pieces|
|1 cup||Pastene Whole Ripe Pitted Olives, drained or 1 cup Pastene Plain Queen Olives, drained (optional)|
|½ (3.5 oz) jar||Pastene Capers, drained|
|8-12 pieces||small French bread or boule, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)|
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for drizzling)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F and adjust rack to the center position.
- Place tomatoes in a colander set over a bowl and season with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt. Toss to coat. Set aside at room temperature to drain, tossing occasionally, while you toast the bread. Drain for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until crisp and firm but not browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove colander with tomatoes from the bowl with tomato juice. Place colander with tomatoes in the sink. Add garlic, mustard, and vinegar to the bowl with tomato juice. Whisking constantly, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine toasted bread, tomatoes, and dressing in a large bowl. Add basil leaves, cucumbers, olives, and capers. Toss everything to coat and season with salt and pepper. Let rest for 30 minutes before serving, tossing occasionally until dressing is completely absorbed by the bread.