|½ lb||extra-lean ground beef|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Hot Crushed Peppers, optional|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Italian Flavored Bread Crumbs or Pastene Plain Bread Crumbs|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|½ tsp||dried basil|
|½ tsp||onion powder|
|6 cups||chicken broth|
|2 ½ cups||thinly sliced escarole|
|1 cup||Pastene Orzo, uncooked|
|⅓ cup||carrot, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- In a medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, hot crushed peppers, basil, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste; shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- In a large saucepan, heat chicken broth to a boil then reduce to simmer; stir in escarole, orzo pasta, chopped carrot, and meatballs.
- Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook at a slow boil for 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Serve and Enjoy!