|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|medium vidalia onion, finely chopped
|dried parsley flakes
|red pepper flakes to taste
|salt and black pepper to taste
|Pastene Italian Capelli D’Angelo
|frozen peas or a can of peas
|parmesan cheese, grated
|fresh parsley, chopped
By Alexia @uhadmeatkitchen
- Add the oil to a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add in the onions and saute. Flavor with red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Next, add in the dried parsley flakes.
- Lower the heat and simmer the onions until the onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes
- Add the peas and simmering on low,
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Reserve about ½ cup of the pasta water. Drain well and add the pasta into the peas and onions and toss
- Fold in the butter and parmesan cheese. Top with fresh parsley and serve with additional parmesan cheese.