Publix to Source Pastene Tomatoes
Publix Super Markets will source products from Pastene, an importer of authentic Italian specialty foods, at more than 1,300 stores.
“This Publix launch is an exciting opportunity to introduce the Publix customer to Pastene’s rich flavor and superior quality,” said Chris Tosi, Pastene’s co-owner, and CEO, in a statement. “We’re proud to be on the shelves at Publix, a premier grocer in the industry and the go-to retailer in the Southeast marketplace.”
Pastene’s canned tomato products launching at Publix include:
• Kitchen Ready Ground Tomatoes: Pastene’s signature product is made from sun-ripened California tomatoes, harvested once a year at peak ripeness, and freshly packed within five hours.
• Kitchen Ready Ground Peeled Tomatoes No Salt Added: All the flavor of Pastene’s signature tomatoes for those watching their sodium intake.
• Kitchen Ready Ground Peeled Chunky Style Tomatoes: These sweet, flavorful chunks of tomato create a hearty texture in sauces, casseroles, and soups.
• Kitchen Ready Ground Peeled Tomatoes with Basil: A touch of fresh basil deepens the flavor to create a rich sauce that tastes like it’s been cooking for hours.
• Tomato Puree: Made from ruby-red, perfectly ripe California tomatoes and bursting with garden-fresh flavor, they are the perfect base for sauces, soups, and casseroles.
• San Marzano Style Tomatoes: Carefully cultivated by Pastene’s California growers to match the delicate texture and sweetness of Italy’s legendary San Marzano tomatoes.
• San Marzano D.O.P. Tomatoes: Packed with basil for added flavor, authentic San Marzano Tomatoes are individually numbered and include an official D.O.P. notation on each can, ensuring that the tomatoes are from the Sarnese-Nocerino area of Italy where true San Marzano tomatoes are grown.