|2-3 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided|
|6||medium leeks, trimmed, halved lengthwise, washed, and dried|
|½ cup||dry white wine|
|½ tsp||kosher salt|
|½ tsp||black pepper|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese to taste|
- To clean and prepare leeks, cut the green tops off leaving the white and light green part. Slice in half, lengthwise.
- Submerge in cold water to remove any dirt and dry cut side down on a paper towel. Remove outermost layer of each leek as it can be tougher than the rest of the leek.
- In a large skillet on medium high, place a tablespoon oil and a teaspoon butter and cook until butter foams. Place half to a third (depending on size) of leeks in the skillet, cut side down and cook for about 5 minutes. Press the leeks occasionally, until cut sides are deeply browned. Carefully remove leeks from pan and repeat with remaining oil, butter, and leeks.
- Return all leeks to pan and add wine. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until leeks are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a platter and top with parmesan cheese.