|For the vinaigrette:|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|½ tsp||Dijon mustard|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Prosecco Wine Vinegar|
|½ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|½ tsp||kosher salt|
|¼ tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|For the salad:|
|4||large roma tomatoes, quartered|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Small Whole Cherry Tomatoes|
|8-12 pieces||French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||small cucumber, thinly sliced|
|⅓ cup||basil, roughly chopped|
|6 oz||small mozzarella balls|
|1 cup||Pastene Whole Ripe Pitted Olives or Pastene Plain Queen Olives, drained|
|½||3.5 oz jar Pastene Capers, drained|
Prep time: 45 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and adjust rack to the center position.
- Place tomatoes in a colander set over a bowl and season with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt. Toss to coat. Set aside at room temperature to drain, tossing occasionally. Drain for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss bread cubes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until crisp and firm but not browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove colander with tomatoes from the bowl with tomato juice. Place colander with tomatoes in the sink. Add garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and vinegar to the bowl with tomato juice. Whisking constantly, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Combine toasted bread, tomatoes, and dressing in a large bowl. Add basil leaves, cucumbers, olives, and capers. Toss everything to coat and season with salt and pepper. Let rest for 30 minutes before serving, tossing occasionally until dressing is completely absorbed by the bread.