Makes 18-20 bites
|1 lb||hot or sweet ground Italian sausage|
|8 oz||cream cheese|
|2||frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed|
|4 Tbsp||Pastene Basil Pesto Sauce|
|1||7 oz jar of Pastene Roasted Peppers, chopped|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp||everything bagel seasoning or fennel seeds|
Prep time: 15-20 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Remove the two puff pastry sheets from the packaging and fully thaw.
- Sauté the sausage on medium heat breaking up with a wooden spoon. Add the cream cheese, mixing well. Sauté until the sausage is cooked and the mixture is creamy. Set aside to cool.
- Place one puff pastry sheet on a cookie sheet and spread on the pesto, leaving ½” around the edge plain. Place the roasted peppers on top of the pesto and then add the cooled sausage mixture. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the sausage.
- Place the other puff pastry on top and crimp the edges to seal. Brush the top of the puff pastry with olive oil and the seasoning. Score the top to the pastry with a sharp knife to allow the steam to vent.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- When warm, cut into bites, and serve.