|2||hard boiled eggs|
|double pie crusts, store bought or homemade|
|1 quart||fresh whole milk ricotta, drained of liquid|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
|4 cups||assorted cheeses (mozzarella, swiss, sharp cheddar, provolone or asiago), grated|
|4 cups||assorted meats (ham, salami, mortadella, capicola, sopressata or pepperoni), chopped|
|1 Tbsp||whole peppercorns|
|1 Tbsp||fennel seeds|
|1||2 oz jar Pastene Italian Pignoli (pine nuts)|
|½ cup||whole milk, optional|
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Shell and slice the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Prepare your pie crust. Roll ⅔ of the dough on a lightly floured surface and fold sides, if round, to shape the dough into a rectangle, approximately 17” x 13″.
- Place the dough into a 13″ x 9” baking dish and press into the pan so the dough covers the bottom and the sides of the pan. Trim any leftover dough off the baking dish and combine with other ⅓ of the dough to roll later. Refrigerate the baking dish and extra dough until pie is assembled.
- In a large bowl, beat the 6 eggs until combined. Add the ricotta, grated cheeses, meats, peppercorns, fennel seeds and pine nuts.
- The mixture should be thick but pourable. If mixture is too thick, add milk to loosen. Place hard sliced boiled eggs in the “quiche” mixture, pushing down gently to “bury” the eggs.
- Roll out the remaining dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut into strips and trim to place across the top of your pie. Re-roll the extra dough to make more strips to top the rest of the pie.
- Bake for approximately 45 to 60 minutes or until the center of the pie is puffed and set and crust is golden brown.