|¼ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Artichoke Hearts in Brine, coarsely chopped and well drained|
|5 oz||baby spinach|
|salt and black pepper to taste|
|¼ cup||all-purpose flour|
|¼ tsp||grated nutmeg|
|¼ tsp||cayenne pepper|
|12||Pastene Lasagne Festonate noodles|
|8 oz||small curd cottage cheese, drained|
|½ cup||grated parmesan, about 2 oz|
|4 oz||mozzarella, coarsely grated|
- Heat the oven to 400° F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook lasagna noodles until a minute before al dente. Drain well and lay out on baking sheets lined with parchment to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium-high. Add the olive oil and artichoke hearts and cook, stirring occasionally, until the artichoke hearts fall apart, and start to brown at the edges, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper, and stir until considerably wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and return the saucepan to the stove.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook, whisking constantly until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Still whisking constantly, slowly add the half-and-half. Raise the heat to high and bring to a simmer, whisking all the while, then immediately reduce the heat to continue simmering, now whisking occasionally, until the sauce thickens to the consistency of gravy, 10 to 20 minutes. Season generously with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add half of the béchamel to the bowl with the artichokes. Stir to combine and cool slightly, for about 15 minutes. Add the cottage cheese, parmesan and egg to the artichoke mixture, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- In 9” square or 8 x 11” baking dish, add enough béchamel to thinly coat the bottom. Put down a single layer of 3 lasagna noodles, letting the ends rise up the edges of the pan. Spread half of the artichoke mixture evenly over the noodles. Turn the pan 90 degrees and put down another layer of noodles, again pressing the ends up against the edges of the pan. Spread half of the béchamel evenly over the noodles. Turn the pan 90 degrees and put down another layer of noodles, and add the remaining artichoke mixture. Turn the pan 90 degrees for the last time and add the last layer of noodles, and add the remaining béchamel. Evenly sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Bake the lasagna until the sauce is bubbling at the edges, and the mozzarella and the exposed ends of the noodles are golden brown and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 25 to 30 minutes before slicing so that slices are firm when cut and plated.