|16 oz||Pastene Lasagne Festonate, about 16-18 noodles|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 lb||boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces|
|2 tsp||dried oregano|
|kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|¼ cup||Pastene Balsamic Vinegar|
|4 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic, divided|
|3 Tbsp||all-purpose flour|
|2 ½ cups||whole milk|
|5 cups||shredded mozzarella, divided|
|¾ cup||freshly grated parmesan|
|15 oz||ricotta cheese|
|6||roma tomatoes, thinly sliced|
|1 cup||thinly sliced basil leaves, plus more for garnish|
|Pastene Balsamic Glaze, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook lasagne until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain well and lay out each noodle on clean kitchen towels or parchment to prevent sticking until assembly.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Season chicken with oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook until golden and cooked through, 8 to 9 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and half the garlic to pan and stir until combined. Transfer chicken to a plate and discard vinegar.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add remaining half of the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and cook until golden, 1 minute more. Add milk and simmer until thick and creamy, 3 to minutes, then add 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta and egg and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of sauce. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping, and top with a third of ricotta mixture, a third of tomatoes, a third of the basil, a third of the cooked chicken, another layer of sauce, and a third of mozzarella. Repeat for total of three layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 25 minutes. Garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.