|12 oz||Pastene Gluten-Free Penne Rigate|
|4 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving|
|2-3 Tbsp||chopped Calabrian chilies|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Kitchen Ready Pasta Sauce|
|salt and black pepper to taste|
|⅓ cup||julienned fresh basil leaves|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving|
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Place 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large cold skillet. Add the chilies and garlic, turn the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant but not brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water and drain. Add the pasta to the sauce and let simmer for another 2 minutes, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid to loosen the sauce, if needed.
- Stir in the basil and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and parmesan cheese.
By: Simply Gluten Free Magazine