|12 oz||Pastene Gluten-Free Penne Rigate|
|4 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving|
|2-3 Tbsp||chopped Calabrian chilies|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Kitchen Ready Pasta Sauce|
|salt and black pepper to taste|
|⅓ cup||julienned fresh basil leaves|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving|
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time:15-18 minutes
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook for 9 minutes.
- While the penne is cooking, make the sauce. Place 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large cold skillet. Add the chilies and garlic, turn the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant but the garlic is not browning, about 4 minutes.
- Add the sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer until the penne is ready.
- Reserve some of the starchy cooking liquid from the penne and drain. Add the pasta to the sauce and let simmer for another 2 minutes, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid, if needed.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the basil.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and parmesan cheese.
By: Simply Gluten Free Magazine