|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||large white onion, diced|
|½ tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|4 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|8||sage leaves, minced|
|1 cup||Pastene Arborio Rice|
|¼ cup||white wine|
|2 cups||butternut squash cubes|
|2 cups||gluten-free chicken or vegetable broth|
|4 oz||soft goat cheese|
|¼ cup||Pastene Pignoli, toasted|
|¼ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|3 Tbsp||fresh chives|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- Set the Instant Pot to the sauté function. Heat the oil then add the onion, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, sage, and nutmeg and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the rice and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often and scraping up any browned bits. Add the wine and cook, stirring and scraping up any browned bits, until the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the squash and broth.
- Set the Instant Pot for pressure cook on high for 6 minutes. Naturally, release for 5 minutes then manually release. Add the cheese and stir vigorously.
- Puree the ¼ cup oil and chives together in a mini-prep or blender with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve drizzled with chive oil, toasted pine nuts, and pepper to taste.
Stovetop Note: To make the risotto on the stovetop, use 4 cups of warm broth. In a heavy-duty pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, sage, and nutmeg and cook for 30 seconds. Add the rice and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with wine and cook, stirring, until the liquid has evaporated. Add the squash. Add enough broth to cover the rice, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until most of the broth has been absorbed. Continue adding broth, about 1 cup at a time, letting the rice absorb the broth each time. Continue until the rice is slightly al dente and creamy, about 25 minutes. Add the cheese and stir vigorously.
By: Gluten Free and More Magazine