|vegetable broth (chicken broth, if desired)
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|Pastene Minced Garlic
|parmesan reggiano, grated
|fresh parsley, chopped as garnish
- In a large pot, bring the broth to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pastina to the pot and stir regularly. Reduce the heat to medium and let the pastina cook for 7 minutes.
- While the pastina is cooking, heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly golden. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Once the pastina is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and add the garlic and olive oil mixture, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese and stir again.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and additional cheese. Serve hot, and enjoy!