|1||green cabbage head|
|¾ cup||dried brown lentils|
|1||10 oz bag frozen cauliflower rice|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|3 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 tsp||marjoram or thyme|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|1||24 oz jar Pastene Chateau Marinara Sauce|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the core out of the cabbage and place the head of cabbage into the boiling water. Boil for about 7 minutes or until the leaves are tender. Remove from the water and let cool.
- Rinse lentils and pick over, discarding any bad lentils. Place in a saucepan and cover with 3 cups water. Add the bay leaf, bring to a boil, cover the pot, and simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Drain, remove bay leaf, and set aside.
- Cook the cauliflower rice according to the package directions. Put in a mixing bowl along with the lentils.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add to the lentil mixture. Add the marjoram/thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Separate the cabbage leaves, cutting out any tough, thick ribs. Spoon some filling into each leaf and roll tightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Pour half of the marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9 by 12 inch baking pan. Add the cabbage rolls. Top with remaining sauce. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Recipe by Gluten Free and More Magazine