|4 cups||gluten free chicken stock|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Italian Peeled Tomatoes|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided|
|1||16 oz jar Pastene Marinated Mushrooms, rinsed, drained and cut in half|
|1||onion, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 ½ cups||Pastene Italian Arborio Rice|
|½ cup||dry white wine|
|2 Tbsp||fresh parsley, chopped|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Place the chicken stock in a large saucepan. Crush the tomatoes between your fingers and add to the chicken stock. On medium heat, bring the tomato stock to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- On medium heat, warm half of the oil in large pot. Add the mushrooms and cook until the liquid has evaporated, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the other half of the oil and cook onion and garlic for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the rice and blend to coat in oil.
- Add wine, stirring over medium-low heat, uncovered, until wine is absorbed.
- Ladle ½ -1 cup heated tomato stock and cook, stirring constantly over low heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock mixture gradually, stirring until absorbed before each new addition. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is creamy and tender.
- Stir in reserved mushrooms, parsley, and parmesan and serve immediately.