|16 oz||Pastene Italian Orecchiette|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Kitchen Ready Tomatoes|
|¾ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 Tbsp||red pepper flakes, adjust to taste|
|1 pint||light cream|
|½ cup||pecorino romano cheese, grated|
|2||4 oz balls burrata cheese, torn|
|1 pint||grape tomatoes, cut in half|
|1-1 ½ cups||fresh basil|
|cracked black pepper to taste|
|garlic salt to taste|
|sea salt to taste|
|flake salt to taste|
|fresh parsley, Chopped|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
by Alexia @Uhadmeatkitchen
- Add 6 Tbsp of oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the vodka and cook out the alcohol on medium high heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kitchen ready tomatoes and season to taste with cracked black pepper and garlic salt.
- Reduce the heat to low, add fresh basil and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 15 minutes, fold the cream and a few tablespoons of cheese into the sauce and continue to simmer on low.
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until a minute or two before al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- Add 3 Tbsp of oil into a frying pan on medium high heat. Add in the grape tomatoes and flash fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with flake salt and set aside.
- Add the pasta into the sauce, coat the pasta well with the sauce and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top with more romano cheese, grape tomatoes, pieces of burrata a drizzle of oil and fresh basil.