|6 cups||low-sodium chicken broth|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|1½ cups||Pastene Arborio Rice|
|½ cup||dry white wine|
|¾ tsp||kosher salt|
|freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|3 cups||baby spinach, lightly packed|
|1 cup||frozen peas|
|8 oz||asparagus, steamed and chopped into bite-sized pieces|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan over moderately low heat and cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add wine and simmer, stirring constantly, until absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Add ¾ cup of the hot broth, salt, and a few grinds of fresh pepper and simmer, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue simmering and adding hot broth, about ¾ cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the broth to be absorbed before adding more, until rice is almost tender and creamy looking, about 18 minutes.
- Add the spinach and peas and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the asparagus and cook just until the vegetables are hot.
- Stir in the parmesan and more broth if the risotto seems too thick. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Gluten Free and More Magazine