|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|3||small shallots, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|2 cups||Pastene Italian Arborio Rice|
|⅓ cup||dry white wine|
|5 cups||vegetable stock|
|1||4.76 oz jar Pastene Pesto Basil Sauce|
|¼ cup||fresh basil leaves, sliced|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook shallots and garlic until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a second saucepan, heat the stock until it is simmering.
- When shallots and garlic are soft, stir in the rice to coat thoroughly with oil. Stir in the wine until it is absorbed.
- Start ladling in the heated stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring until it is almost completely absorbed before adding the next ladleful.
- After about 15 minutes, start tasting the rice. It is properly cooked when the rice grains are tender and creamy. Add more hot liquid, if necessary. When done, remove from heat and stir in pesto sauce and sliced basil.
- Serve garnished with parmesan and a few basil leaves.