|Pastene Italian Mafaldine
|whole milk ricotta cheese
|Pastene Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto, divided
|red pepper flakes and black pepper to taste
|pecorino romano, freshly grated plus more for serving
|fresh basil, chopped
|reserved pasta water
|salt for the pasta water
By Alexia @uhadmeatkitchen
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Reserve ¾ cup pasta water and set aside. Drain well.
- Add the ricotta and 3 tablespoons of pesto to a large bowl.
Season with red pepper flakes and black pepper to taste and mix well. Slowly add in the reserved pasta water and mix. Add the pasta and toss into the sauce.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of sun-dried tomato pesto and blend.
- Fold in the romano cheese and basil.
- Plate and serve with additional romano cheese.