|16 oz||Pastene Italian Spaghetti|
|2||5 oz cans Pastene Skipjack Tuna, drain oil|
|8||garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|20 oz||grape tomatoes|
|4 Tbsp||Pastene Capers, rinsed|
|½ cup||Pastene Pitted Castelvetrano Olives, halved|
|½ cup||Pastene Plain Breadcrumbs, toasted|
|¼ cup||reserved pasta water|
|sea salt to taste|
|red pepper flakes to taste|
|parmesan and chopped parsley for serving|
by Alexia @Uhadmeatkitchen
- To toast the breadcrumbs, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil or butter in a pan. Add the breadcrumbs and toast on medium to high heat. Keep moving the breadcrumbs around until they are lightly toasted.
- In a large large skillet over medium heat, ad the olive oil and then the garlic and red pepper flakes to taste. Saute the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the grape tomatoes, capers and castelvetrano olives. Cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes blister.
- Add in the tuna and squeeze in some fresh lemon juice and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water, drain well. Add pasta into the sauce along with a few spoons of the starchy pasta water.
- Add on some sea salt to taste, and mix well. Drizzle a little olive oil over the dish.
- Top with lots of fresh parsley, parmesan and toasted breadcrumbs and enjoy.