|16 oz||Pastene Italian Penne Rigate|
|¼ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||small shallot, minced (about ¼ cup)|
|½ cup||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|1 cup||heavy cream|
|2 tsp||red pepper flakes|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more for garnish|
|basil, chopped, as garnish|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water drain well and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, garlic and shallot. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook until it darkens a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the vodka and cook through until evaporated. Add in the red pepper flakes. Stir until combined.
- Add in the heavy cream and reduce the heat to medium low. Add the butter to the sauce until the butter has melted and then remove from heat.
- Add pasta and the pasta water, if needed, to loosen the sauce.
- Add parmesan cheese and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and basil to serve.