|1 lb||small or Japanese eggplants, cut into 2" wedges|
|1 tsp||fennel seeds|
|¼ tsp||red pepper flakes|
|7 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|½ tsp||kosher salt, plus more to taste|
|freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|1 lb||green beans, trimmed|
|2||Pastene Anchovy Fillets|
|4 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|¾ cup||dry white wine|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|1 pint||cherry tomatoes|
|1||14 oz can Pastene White Kidney Beans, rinsed|
|2 cups||fresh parsley, coarsely chopped|
|¼ cup||fresh oregano, coarsely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||fresh thyme leaves|
|6 oz||gruyère cheese, coarsely grated|
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat to 425° F.
- Toss eggplant, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, 6 Tbsp. oil, and ½ tsp. kosher salt in a 13×9″ baking dish. Season with black pepper.
- Roast on bottom rack, tossing halfway through, until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium-high. Add green beans, season with salt, and cook, tossing every minute or so, about 5 minutes.
- Add anchovies, garlic, wine, and tomato paste and cook, stirring to break up paste and anchovies, 1 minute. Add ¾ cup water, cover pot, and cook until green beans are crisp and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and beans, re-cover pot, and cook until tomatoes start to burst, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove pot from heat, uncover, and stir in parsley, oregano, and thyme.
- While the beans and tomatoes are cooking, spread the grated cheese on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake on top rack until melted and almost done bubbling and golden, 8 to 10 minutes, checking often. Let cool.
- Divide and plate the eggplant. Using a slotted spoon, scoop tomato and bean mixture over and around eggplant on each dish, arranging so everything is nestled together but eggplant isn’t completely covered. Pour liquid left in pot over.
- Remove crispy gruyère from parchment and crumble on top of each serving.