|6-8||Pastene Anchovy Fillets|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|⅛ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|3 cups||Italian bread cut into 1"cubes|
|2-3 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|½ tsp||kosher salt|
|1 head||romaine lettuce, washed and torn|
|6 slices||bacon, cooked crispy and chopped|
|fresh parmesan shavings|
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- In a mini-prep food processor, combine anchovies, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Separately, whisk egg yolk, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl. Add a dash of water to bowl and whisk, adjusting with more water, if needed.
- Add the anchovy mixture and whisk until dressing is the consistency of heavy cream.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut Italian bread into 1” cubes.
- Drizzle bread with olive oil and toss until lightly coated. Season with salt.
- Place bread on baking sheet and bake until edges turn brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Cook 6 slices of bacon until crispy. Place on a paper towel to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss torn romaine lettuce with dressing and coat well.
- Add half of croutons and parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Top with remaining croutons and cheese. Serve immediately.