|1||24 oz jar Pastene Chateau Marinara Sauce|
|1 cup||mozzarella cheese, grated|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
|½ cup||fresh parsley|
|1 lb||lean ground beef|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|4 oz||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving|
|½ cup||Pastene Italian Breadcrumbs|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|3 Tbsp||dry red wine|
|⅛ tsp||ground black pepper|
|flour, for dredging|
|4-5 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
- In a food processor, pulse to combine and finely chop, parsley and onion.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, parsley, beef, garlic, parmesan, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, egg, wine, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands and then form into 16 2” meatballs. Dredge each meatball in flour and place them on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- In a large stainless skillet on medium heat, add oil. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add about ⅓ to ½ of the meatballs, turning and browning on all sides. Once brown, remove to another cookie sheet lined with paper towel and continue to cook the next batch until complete.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, and remove some of the bread from the inside to make a well for the meatballs. Toast the baguette
- While the bread toasts, warm the marinara sauce in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Place the meatballs on the bread, spoon the marinara on the meatballs to coat and top with mozzarella and romano cheese.
- Place in the oven at 350° F for 2 to 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve warm and enjoy.