|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2||boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces|
|1||medium yellow onion, diced|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|4 cups||chicken broth|
|1||14 oz can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)|
|2 cups||corn kernels, fresh or frozen|
|1 cup||Pastene Fire Roasted Piquillo Peppers, diced|
|1 cup||Pastene Ditali or Pastene Orzo|
|½ tsp||dried basil|
|¼ tsp black pepper||black pepper|
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes | Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium. When oil is shimmering, add the chicken and cook for several minutes.
- Add the diced onion and cook until onions are soft and chicken is cooked through.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, pumpkin, corn, peppers, dried pasta, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings adding more salt or pepper, if needed.
- If the pasta absorbs most of the liquid, add a little more water but ensure the chowder remains thick.
- Serve with rolls or crusty bread.