Makes 2 large pizzas
|⅓ cup||warm water, about 110°|
|1||envelope instant yeast|
|1 ¼ cup||water, at room temperature|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for the bowl|
|4 cups||bread flour, plus more for kneading|
|1 ½ tsp||salt|
Prep time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Place the warm water in a bowl that holds at least 2 cups. Add the yeast and let sit for about 5 minutes until it dissolves and becomes active. Add the room temperature water and oil and stir to combine.
- Place the flour and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Continue pulsing as the liquid ingredients are poured in. Hold back about ⅛ -¼ cup of the liquid. If the dough doesn’t immediately form into a ball, add the remaining liquid and pulse until a ball forms.
- Process for about 30 seconds more to form a smooth and elastic dough. The dough should feel a bit tacky.
- Lightly flour your work surface and use a rubber spatula to turn the dough out onto the flour. Knead by hand for 4-5 turns.
- Add additional oil to coat a large bowl, place dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 ½ – 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough, separate, and form into your pie. To keep the dough from ballooning during baking, prick the dough thoroughly before it goes in the oven.