Makes 2 pizzas
|4 cups||bread flour or all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, more for the bowl|
|1 envelope||instant dry yeast|
|1½ cups||water, at 110° F|
|2 tsp||kosher salt|
Prep time: 75 minutes
- Combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix.
- While mixer is running, add the 110° F water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and beat the dough until it forms into a ball.
- If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly-floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and put it in a warm area to let it expand for about an hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.