|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|4 oz||pancetta or prosciutto|
|½ tsp||ed pepper flakes|
|1||white onion, finely chopped|
|1||large garlic clove, minced|
|1||28 oz can Pastene San Marzano D.O.P. Tomatoes|
|16 oz||Pastene Italian Bucatini|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and sauté until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in red pepper flakes and salt.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, reduce heat to low. Break up the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon for a thick and chunky sauce. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta to 2 minutes before al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta cooking water.
- Add drained pasta and the reserved ½ cup of water to the sauce in the skillet and toss thoroughly to coat. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and transfer pasta to warmed serving bowls. Top with additional romano cheese and enjoy!