|12||Pastene Lasagne Festonate Noodles|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|1 Tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 lb||ground beef|
|15 oz||ricotta cheese|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
|2||24 oz jars Pastene Chateau Marinara Sauce|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|¾ lb||mozzarella ball, thinly sliced|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook lasagne until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain well and lay out each noodle on clean kitchen towels or parchment to prevent sticking until assembly.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven on medium heat, add the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Next add the meat and cook, breaking it with a wooden spoon, until it is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix the ricotta with the egg and stir until well combined. Add the romano to the mixture and combine.
- Combine the sauce and the meat mixture.
- In a 8x8x2 pan place a thin layer of the meat sauce sauce. Add lasagne noodles in a layer, cutting them to fit.
- Add dollops of the ricotta mixture and spread with a spatula. Add a layer of meat sauce. Add a layer of the sliced mozzarella and a sprinkling of parmesan.
- Continue layering with noodles, ricotta, mozzarella/parmesan.
- The final layer should end with sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 to 45 minutes, until cheese is bubbling.