|Pastene Lasagne Festonate Noodles
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|medium onion, chopped
|Pastene Minced Garlic
|Pastene Grated Romano Cheese
|24 oz jars Pastene Chateau Marinara Sauce
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese
|mozzarella ball, thinly sliced
|salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook lasagne until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain well and lay out each noodle on clean kitchen towels or parchment to prevent sticking until assembly.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven on medium heat, add the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Next add the meat and cook, breaking it with a wooden spoon, until it is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix the ricotta with the egg and stir until well combined. Add the romano to the mixture and combine.
- Combine the sauce and the meat mixture.
- In a 8x8x2 pan place a thin layer of the meat sauce sauce. Add lasagne noodles in a layer, cutting them to fit.
- Add dollops of the ricotta mixture and spread with a spatula. Add a layer of meat sauce. Add a layer of the sliced mozzarella and a sprinkling of parmesan.
- Continue layering with noodles, ricotta, mozzarella/parmesan.
- The final layer should end with sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 to 45 minutes, until cheese is bubbling.