|Pastene Italian Rigatoni
|28 oz cans Pastene D.O.P. San Marzano Tomatoes
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|garlic cloves, minced
|red pepper flakes to taste
|garlic salt to taste
|black pepper to taste
|fresh basil, chopped
|salt for pasta water
|pecorino romano cheese, grated
by Alexia @Uhadmeatkitchen
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add oil and garlic. Sauté the garlic until lightly browned. Season to taste with some red pepper flakes.
- Add the tomatoes and then the red wine.
Season to taste with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Add the sugar and mash the tomatoes with a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon. Add the basil and blend well.
- Simmer on low for about 45 minutes to an hour, stir frequently.
- When the sauce is almost done, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and top with the sauce.
- Top with chopped basil and cheese and serve.