|Pastene Lasagne Festonate
|Pastene Garlic Oil
|Pastene Minced Garlic
|medium yellow onion, chopped
|medium zucchini, sliced
|7 oz jar Pastene Roasted Peppers, drained and chopped
|28 oz can Pastene San Marzano DOP Tomatoes
|24 oz jar Pastene Tomato Basil Sauce
|2 ½ cups
|mozzarella, freshly grated
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese
|Pastene Grated Romano Cheese
- Cook the lasagne noodles in a large pot of salted water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain noodles and place on baking sheets lined with parchment or clean dish towels to prevent sticking. Let cool to touch.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil on medium high heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté until onion is wilted, 3 to 5 minutes, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add zucchini, peppers and frozen spinach and saute for 8 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and the spinach is thawed and warmed through.
- Add the tomatoes and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook until tomatoes are warmed through. Add salt, pepper and oregano.
- Pour ¼ of the tomato basil sauce or enough to cover the bottom of the casserole pan.
- Mix 2 cups of the mozzarella, ricotta, eggs and 1/4 cup of parmesan and romano in a bowl reserving the rest of the cheese for the top.
- Place about 2 Tbsp of the ricotta mixture in the center of the noodle and spread towards each end of the noodle. Top with 2 to 3 Tbsp of the veggie mixture and spread again. Roll up from the short end and place in pan, seam side down.
- Top the roll ups with the rest of the tomato sauce and grated cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° F for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.