|Ingredients per calzone:|
|1||Pastene Pizza Dough Recipe|
|⅓ cup||Pastene Pizza Sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Pesto Basil Sauce|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Prep time: 20-25 minutes plus time for the dough | Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Make the pizza dough recipe in advance according to the instructions. The pizza dough will allow for or 8 calzones.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Using a lightly floured rolling pin or your hands, roll or stretch each piece into a 6-inch round. If dough shrinks, let it rest about 5 minutes, then roll again.
- Cover half of each 6” dough with pizza sauce, prosciutto, provolone, pesto, and salt and pepper.
- Gently pull half of dough over the filling to make a half-moon shape. Fold bottom edge of dough over top edge and pinch firmly to seal. Brush tops of calzones lightly with olive oil.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet. Bake calzones on middle rack for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool about 5 minutes and serve.
Note: To make in advance, assemble and freeze on a baking sheet. When frozen, wrap each calzone with aluminum foil and keep in freezer for up to 1 month. Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes, until browned and cooked through.