|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|large yellow onion, sliced thin
|Pastene Minced Garlic
|broccoli head, cut into small florets
|kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
|all-purpose flour, for rolling out the dough
|bread or pizza dough, thawed
|Pastene Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
|shredded sharp cheddar
|1 ½ cups
|fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese
|24 oz jar Pastene Tomato Garlic Pasta Sauce, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Spread a tablespoon of oil on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until the broccoli has softened slightly and become bright green, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface and roll the dough into a large rectangle, about 11-by-13 inches. With the long side closest to you, spread the pesto on the dough, leaving about a 1-inch border on all sides. Top the pesto with the broccoli mixture.
- Layer the cheddar and then the mozzarella over all the ingredients, still maintaining a 1” border on all sides. Finally, add a layer of basil leaves over everything.
- Fold the short sides in, then roll the dough into a log. Place the stromboli seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, make 5 to 6 diagonal slits on top of the dough. Brush the top with the remaining tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with warmed sauce and additional parmesan and top each serving with some more fresh basil.