|2||medium zucchini, sliced ½" thick|
|2 lb||fresh baby clams|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||small onion, finely chopped|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Italian Peeled Tomatoes, drained and finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced garlic|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|1 Tbsp||fresh chives, chopped|
|¼ cup||Pastene Italian Flavored Breadcrumbs|
Prep time: 10-15 minutes | Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Place the clams in a large stock pot, and pour in a quart of water. Cover the pot, and bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Steam the clams until they open, about 10 minutes. Discard any clams that stay closed after 15 minutes. Allow the clams to cool and pluck the meat from each clam.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Slice zucchini into rounds about ½ inch thick. Discard ends. With a melon baller or small spoon, hollow out each slice to make a cup shape. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 4 minutes. Stir in clams and chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Add cheese and chives. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Fill each zucchini cup with clam mixture. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake for 5 minutes, then turn on a broiler element and broil until golden. Serve hot.