|6||medium zucchini, about 3 lbs|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for brushing|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|3 Tbsp||fresh Italian parsley, minced|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
|1 cup||Pastene Plain Breadcrumbs|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15-25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Trim the ends off each zucchini and then slice in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- On a baking sheet, brush each half with olive oil, top and bottom.
- Place the zucchini cut side down and season with salt. Bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, parsley, basil, parmesan, salt and pepper. Next, add in the breadcrumbs and 3 Tbsp of melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Remove the zucchini from the oven, flip the zucchini over, and stuff the breadcrumb mixture in the open channel. Bake for another 8-10 minutes until the breadcrumbs are crispy and golden brown. For extra crispy stuffing, carefully broil for an extra 2-3 minutes.