|3 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|3||small corn tortillas, cut into strips|
|1||small onion, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|2||jalapeño peppers, finely diced|
|6 cups||low-sodium chicken broth|
|1||14.5 oz can Pastene Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Black Beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 lb||chicken breasts, boneless and skinless|
|1 ½||limes, juiced, plus wedges for garnish|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 cup||fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped|
|1||avocado, pitted and sliced|
|1 cup||shredded Monterey cheese|
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium-high. Add the tortilla strips and toss until the tortilla is lightly browned. Remove to a dish lined with a paper towel and set aside.
- In a large saucepan on medium-high, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes. Once the onions have softened, add the garlic and jalapeño peppers and cook for another minute.
- Pour the chicken broth, tomatoes and beans into the pan and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, lower heat to simmer and add the whole chicken breasts. Cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from pot and cool for about 5 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken thoroughly.
- Add lime juice and fresh cilantro to the soup.
- In each of th 4 serving bowls, add a mound of shredded chicken. Ladle soup over the chicken in each bowl.
- Finish with a lime wedge, grilled tortilla strips, avocado slices and cheese.