|½ lb||extra-lean ground beef|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Italian Flavored Bread Crumbs|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Hot Crushed Peppers|
|½ tsp||dried basil|
|½ tsp||onion powder|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|6 cups||chicken broth|
|2 ½ cups||thinly sliced escarole|
|1 cup||Pastene Orzo, uncooked|
|⅓ cup||carrot, finely chopped|
Prep time: 10-15 minutes | Cook time: 12 minutes
- In a medium bowl, combine meat, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, hot crushed peppers (optional), basil, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Shape into ¾” balls, place on a dish and set aside.
- In a stockpot on high heat, bring the chicken broth to a boil then reduce to simmer. Stir in escarole, pasta, carrots, and meatballs.
- Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook at a slow boil, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!