|5 cups||chicken broth|
|1||onion, finely chopped|
|2 cups||Pastene Arborio Rice|
|⅓ cup||white wine|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Quartered Artichoke Hearts, drained|
|grated peel of 1 lemon|
|2 tsp||lemon juice|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|⅔ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|⅓ cup||flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|⅓ cup||Pastene Pignoli (pine nuts), toasted|
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil, cover and keep at a simmer.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the white wine, bring to a simmer.
- Stir in 1 cup of broth, bring to a simmer and cook. Stir until the liquid is absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes. Maintaining a low simmer, continue to add the broth mixture, ½ cup at a time, stirring frequently and allowing the rice to absorb the liquid. Cook until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- In the last 3 minutes of cooking, add the artichoke hearts, lemon peel, lemon juice and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese, parsley and toasted pine nuts.