|2||8 oz jars Pastene Lupini Beans|
|1||small red onion, thinly sliced|
|sea salt to taste|
|⅔ cup||lime juice|
|⅓ cup||orange juice|
|⅓ cup||grated tomato|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|3||medium tomatoes, sliced into half-moons|
|¼ cup||chopped cilantro|
|hot sauce to taste|
- Rinse the jarred beans under cold water. Pinch the skins off each bean.
- Slice a thin round off the bottom of one tomato. Starting at the cut end, grate tomato on the largest holes of a box grater over a medium bowl until all that’s left is the flattened tomato skin discard the skin.
- Place the sliced onions in a bowl of cold, lightly salted water. Let sit 10 minutes and then rinse. This will remove some of the onion’s sharp bite.
- Combine the lupini beans, onions, lime juice, orange juice, grated tomatoes, olive oil, sliced tomatoes, jalapeno and cilantro in a bowl.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with corn nuts, plantain chips, avocado and hot sauce.